The Lattice is3DHEALS weekly recap of the latest developments, expert insights, upcoming events in the world of healthcare 3D printing. Have a cool 3D printed Lattice photo to share with us? Send to: [email protected]
The Expert Corner
Cardiac 3D Printing: The Heart of the Matter
3D printing has numerous applications in pre-, peri-, and post-operative cardiology. In this overview of cardiac 3D printing, Dr. Anwar discusses the state of the art in printing applications, the variety of ways cardiac prints can be used over the course of patient treatment, and what future directions the field may move in. Read full article here.
Hot in Media
Recent news stories and shares.
Europe’s skeleton tech startups are 3D printing real bones
3D Printed Medical Models May Assist in Better Monitoring of Ventricular Devices & Blood Flow
HP, SmileDirectClub Deal Grows to Evolve in Dental 3D Printing
How 3D-printed Prosthetics Saved These 4 Animals
3-D Printing: Breath of Fresh Air at World Medical Tourism Congress Taiwan
HP innovates in healthcare with 3D print
3D printing medical devices in space
To the bone: improving scaffolds using 3D printing
Woodstock Farm Sanctuary Saves Oreo The Goat Via 3D Printing
Briefings and developments from 3DHEALS chapters(?) around the world.
- Anvisa may release a new public consult about patient-specific implants, the one made last year received many comments so there should be a more robust one with more concrete regulation by end of year
- Hub MA-The Institute of Technological Research (IPT), the CTI Renato Archer, the Aeronautical Technological Institute (ITA) and the Senai Institute are creating new technologies to help companies, ICTs and other actors in the system promote the diffusion of additive manufacturing technologies. an Additive Manufacturing hub. On the event site, both of our community managers in Brazil, Fabio Sant’Ana and Mayra Vasques will be speaking at the Inside3Dprinting event next week in Brazil.
- Stay tuned for a 3DHEALS event in Sept/Oct timeframe; Contact Richard Doerer our Detroit manager if you want to speak or sponsor the event.
- 3DHEALS Pitch3D had its first successful online pitch to a dozen institutional investors on 5/31. Pitching startups include Kumovis (Munich, Germany), Deep Health (Isreal), PrinterPrezz (Fremont, USA), FluidForm (Boston, USA). Apply to pitch at the next one!
- Australia has just had a recent federal political election, and specifically, legislation/funding and regulatory body updates and changes will surely be coming in the near future. Stay tuned for more updates from our community manager William Harley.
Events & Opportunities
Upcoming events from the 3DHEALS community and beyond.
Thursday, 6/13 (Boston) – 3DHEALS community manager Jess Charlap will lead a group of Boston members through a fascinating tour at the Design Museum focused on the design and craft of prosthetics. Following the tour, the conversation will be continuing at a local brewery nearby.
Thursday, 7/11 (Los Angeles) – 3DHEALS is proud to present the entrepreneur section during the annual UCLA CMIT Micro- and Nanotechnologies for Medicine, Emerging Frontiers and Applications.
Thursday, 7/18 (Boston) – Come and join us at our annual summer networking event and learn from a world-class expert on cutting-edge technologies in healthcare 3D printing and bioprinting industry.
Wednesday, 8/28 (Singapore) – 3DHEALS is returning to Singapore and co-hosting a recurrent event with NAMIC to connect local innovators and entrepreneurs in healthcare 3D Printing and Bioprinting space.
Check out lots of other upcoming events from our partners here:
Wednesday, 5/29 (San Francisco) Head over to IndieBio and hear from five biotech experts working on the next generation of therapeutics and diagnostics to treat conditions ranging from cancer to microbiome disorders.
Tuesday, 6/11 (San Francisco) Prellis Biologics holds their monthly tissue engineering journal club at IndieBio, looking at cutting edge research and pre-published research in the field and discussing the pressing issues and hurdles around this bioengineering revolution. To join the journal club mailing list, suggest a topic, or sign up to present please email [email protected] subject line: Journal Club.
Tuesday-Thursday, 6/11-13 (New York) All corners of the medtech world converge at the Javits Center for the MD&M East expo. As always, it promises to be a great opportunity to check out up-and-coming technologies and connect with others working in the field.
Tuesday, 6/25 (San Francisco) Last but not least from IndieBio is their startup accelerator demo day showcasing the latest class of emerging biotech and entrepreneurial talent.
Wednesday-Thursday, 6/19-6/20 (New Hampshire) June 19th and 20th, ARMI | BioFabUSA will hold its annual Spring Summit at the Technology Center Auditorium in Manchester, NH. More specifically, the event will cover technical developments and innovation in the various phases of the engineered tissue manufacturing process. Log onto 3DHEALS website to see member’s discount code.
Friday-Saturday 7/19-7/20 (Boston) New Harvest Conference. Explore the opportunities, challenges, and realities of cellular agriculture at New Harvest’s fourth annual conference. Log onto 3DHEALS website to see member’s discount code.
Cool events, people, company in your city in healthcare 3d printing /bioprinting? Let us know: [email protected]